COVID-19 Marketing Grant
Applications for this program were due June 30, 2020. Email the Williamsburg Economic Development Department or call 757-220-6129 for more information.
As we navigate the uncharted territories of managing COVID-19 and its impact on local business, the Williamsburg Economic Development Department has noted the creative ways businesses are continuing to serve the community through means such as curbside-pickups and delivery options. This grant was developed to assist in those efforts.
The City of Williamsburg Marketing and eCommerce Assistance Grant Program is a partnership between the City of Williamsburg Economic Development Authority (EDA) and the City of Williamsburg Economic Development Department. It was created to assist businesses with additional marketing support during this trying time and can be used towards any paid marketing efforts or eCommerce upgrades. Suggested uses:
- Implementation of online ordering or shopping cart systems
- New and creative ways to sell your products and reach your customers
- Paid marketing or advertising efforts
- Other items approved by staff that serve the purpose of this grant
Grants are matching grants equal to 50% of the total cost of the approved project, with a maximum grant amount of $500 per business. Grants will be awarded after approval of the application. Funds for this grant are available from March 17, 2020, until June 30, 2020.
Program funds are limited and issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Funds will be awarded to the applicant only upon satisfactory completion of the project in accordance with the approved application. Applicants must submit copies of all paid invoices/receipts in order to receive reimbursement of the approved amount. Non-profit agencies are not eligible.
- Businesses must be for-profit, have a current City Business License, and be located in the City of Williamsburg.
- The application must be submitted using the form developed by the Williamsburg Economic Development Department and be completed in full. A business license must be attached (a cell phone picture of the license will suffice).
- Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by Williamsburg Economic Development Department staff.
- Priority will be given to businesses implementing new online systems such as online ordering or curbside pickup reservations.
- Before grant funds may be dispersed, the business must provide receipts for eligible work.
- Applicant must complete and submit the Application.
- Williamsburg Economic Development staff will email notification to the applicant acknowledging receipt of their application.
- Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the Williamsburg Economic Development Department.
- Williamsburg Economic Development staff will send an email to the applicant informing them of the decision of the office. If approved, then the email is the authority for the applicant to begin work.
- Applicant business pays for marketing/eCommerce work in full and submits paid receipts to the Williamsburg Economic Development Department.
- Williamsburg Economic Development staff will verify the completion of the project as quoted and provide grant payment to the applicant business.