The Small Business Jobs Grant Fund provides financial assistance to companies that are creating new jobs through expansion or start-up. The grant range anywhere from $500 to $2,000 per job created.
To qualify for the program, the company must be:
- A company involved in research and development
- A company that is moving its corporate headquarters to Virginia
- A distributor
- An inbound call center
- An IT company that services businesses
- A manufacturer
Additionally, the company must:
- Create at least five new full-time jobs in Virginia
- Have 50% of their revenue from out of state
- Make a capital investment of at least $100,000
- Pay a minimum of $9.79 an hour
It is important to note that this program is performance-based. The company must create jobs in order to receive the grant. The grant is issued after the employee has been on the payroll for at least 90 days.
For More Information
For further information regarding this grant, please email Duc Truong with the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity.